• Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Investment Opportunity in New Braunfels, TX

Agraj Sobti
  • Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Feb 6 2023, 17:02

Hey all, I am looking to buy an investment property near New Braunfels - specifically in Geronimo (TX 78155 zipcode) which happens to be closer to Seguin than New Braunfels. Can someone guide me if this is a wise business decision, is it an up and coming area, and are the rents high enough to justify the investment? The community is called Navarro Ranch by Lennar Homes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Feb 6 2023, 19:05

Buy resale property with equity. Now is the time. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 6 2023, 19:18
Quote from @Agraj Sobti:

Hey all, I am looking to buy an investment property near New Braunfels - specifically in Geronimo (TX 78155 zipcode) which happens to be closer to Seguin than New Braunfels. Can someone guide me if this is a wise business decision, is it an up and coming area, and are the rents high enough to justify the investment? The community is called Navarro Ranch by Lennar Homes

Seguin is a growing area. Here’s a link to a news article regarding this. https://www.ksat.com/news/loca...

I’d be happy to run rental comps for you if you like. 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tony Flores
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Feb 6 2023, 20:17

As indicated above, it all depends on your purchase price and rental comps.  Is there a reason you are looking at that specific neighborhood?  That particular area may not be the fastest growing in comparison to New Braunfels if you are looking to attain appreciation.  

The IH-35 corridor from San Antonio to Austin has and will continue to grow quickly.  Many people seem to be migrating from the Austin area towards San Marcos and New Braunfels due to the rapid price increases in Austin over the last 5 years or so.  

Finally, I utilize three MLS boards from south of San Antonio to north of Austin so I can cover all bases of potential comps. This is helpful because comps from the various MLS boards don't share information with each other.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Lenertz
  • Wimberley, TX
Votes |
  • Wimberley, TX
Replied Feb 7 2023, 12:05

We would determine if it is cash flow positive when we calculate it during the process to get an investor DSCR loan if you are interested please send me a message and I can help you with this. NMLS# 2143457

User Stats

Votes
Mark Lewis
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Mar 11 2023, 13:15

Hey @Agraj Sobti have you had any traction with your possible acquisition? 

I am actually looking to possibly do the same in transitioning to the New Braunfels Seguin area. I Recently purchased a SFH in Converse TX by Lennar and both of the houses to the right and left of me are for rent but have been vacant for months. I know big corporations purchased all these SFH and can afford to play the waiting game with carrying costs but I wonder are they getting a better deal when purchasing being they are probably buying in bulk because it doesn't seem like the 1% rule can work here. Me working the numbers they are breaking even if that but like I said purchase price is the determining factor.

Mark