Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Tim Braun
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Union Springs, NY
Votes |
Are there any Investors in the Auburn NY, Geneva NY, or Ithaca NY area on here?

Tim Braun
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Union Springs, NY
Posted Apr 11 2023, 08:22

Hello everyone, are there any Investors in the Auburn NY, Geneva NY, or Ithaca NY area on here? I am working on switching from flipping mobile homes to SFH and thought it would be good to start networking.

User Stats

Votes
Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorReplied Apr 11 2023, 14:10

Hi Tim! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account.

1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

2) Go to the Search bar, and look for some local members in your area! Reach out to a few of the folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect. You can do that here.

3) Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum! There are so many so be sure to filter by your location.

4) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market (in your resource page as a member of BiggerPockets!) for real estate investors put together by Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members.

5) Consider meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! An investor friendly agent can do all sorts of helpful things, like setting you up with a search for properties or connecting you with folks who have recently done deals like the ones you want to do.

6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!

User Stats

Votes
Stephanie Jacobson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Syracuse Binghamton and Ithaca, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Syracuse Binghamton and Ithaca, NY
Replied Apr 11 2023, 15:08
Quote from @Tim Braun:

Hello everyone, are there any Investors in the Auburn NY, Geneva NY, or Ithaca NY area on here? I am working on switching from flipping mobile homes to SFH and thought it would be good to start networking.

Hey Tim! I’m a commercial agent in Ithaca and would be happy to help you out with anything you need down this way. @Kelly Skeval also runs a networking group for investors in Ithaca, so give her a shout too!

• Real Estate Agent New York (#10401301213)

Coldwell Banker Commercial Custom Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Liam Wilber
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hawaii
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hawaii
Replied Apr 12 2023, 09:29

@Tim Braun I was born and raised in Geneva and currently just started investing there from out of state. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.