Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

28
Posts
21
Votes
Kelly M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Medina, OH
21
Votes |
28
Posts

Quick Way To Scrub/Remove List of Direct Mail for Home That Have Been Sold

Kelly M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Medina, OH
Posted Feb 15 2024, 13:17

I send out direct mail to probate properties so my list is manageable in the range 500 to 800.  I scrub the list each time before I send out the list to remove homes that are sold or listed.  This is a laborious task.  I look up each property on Redfin to see if it has been listed or recently sold.   Is there a service that can do this for me?  It is all public data in Ohio, so I'm hoping there is someone who has figured a computerized way to do this.  I would like a way to upload a list of addresses and then return to me its status.

User Stats

485
Posts
477
Votes
Jon K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Perry Hall, MD
477
Votes |
485
Posts
Jon K.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Perry Hall, MD
Replied Feb 22 2024, 12:16

@Kelly M. Batchleads will do this. You can upload lists of addresses and once they're in the system , you can filter by "ACTIVE", "PENDING" and "RECENTLY SOLD". As you filter them, add them to a tag and then you can exclude that tag from a search which effectively removes them from your list.

I'll private message you a link so you can try it out.

User Stats

28
Posts
21
Votes
Kelly M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Medina, OH
21
Votes |
28
Posts
Kelly M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Medina, OH
Replied Mar 27 2024, 12:02

Thanks for the tip on using Batchleads. I did find it easy to use; however, I did not find the data on its ACTIVE, PENDING and RECENTLY SOLD very accurate.  I did find that in most cases the homes listed as ACTIVE and PENDING were of that status: however, in my manual serach I found many others that were missed by Batchleads and also of that status.  As for Recently Sold, I found that only about 10% of those with that status were actually Recently Sold.  The other 90% were not or even had not been on market in any recent past.  Again in my manual search, I found many others that had been sold recently probably with my list of homes about 10% of my list of 800 homes.  Unless I can have confidence in the data, I guess I am back to do it manually.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes