Selling homes

5 Replies

I have been trying to sell a nicer 3/2/2 in a great neighborhood ( I would live here). Good schools, I am offering owner financing or a lease option to purchase. I have put out bandit signs, Craigslist (now on CL I haven't puts any pics on there yet) I have even ran this house in the paper.

Now it is in a bedroom community of about 9000, and the market is slow there but I am offering this house 5k below appraisal. I have been doing this for 5 months now and really need to do something with this house any thoughts? And when I do get a prospect with 5-7 k down they disappear, and the people who want it only have 1-2 k down and I am not going to do that!

If this is the case, then I suggest you change the strategy and find local top agent and engage them. You might be trying to save some $$ by not using the agent, but in the long run you might end up saving $$ by using the expert who can bring a buyer to you.

Medium logo 19 1Dmitriy Fomichenko, Sense Financial | [email protected] | (949) 228‑9393 | https://www.sensefinancial.com/free-consultation/ | CA Agent # 01876563

Dmitriy is right, and agent would help a lot.

What kind of feedback are you receiving from the prospects who've shown interest but backed out?

...I see "For Sale By Owner" homes on the market for months...compared to a home listed with an agent, they get sold faster in most cases...and for more money. Just a thought for you...sometimes it's best to let an expert do the work for you.

I am no wanting to use an agent, most agents I see just put it on the mls and hopes it sell and then they tell me to keep lowering the price etc.

Plus I like owner financing bc it will make me more money and a passive income.

What is some good ways to get traffic thru the propery

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you