Looking for Multi-Unit Property in Baltimore

4 Replies

Hey BP!

I'm new to the BP scene and wanted to get your opinion and or advice on investing in multi-unit properties in the city of Baltimore and Baltimore county.
I have done extensive research on the topic though important pieces of information can be missed or potentially misleading while reading on your own.

I am pre-approved and am using owner occupied financing.

Thanks!

I should add that I am planning to buy and hold.

You find a property yet? If not, how many units are you looking at to snatch up?

@John Taylor I suggest you get a profile photo. There are several John Taylors here and I am not sure I tagged the right one. And welcome to BP!

I invest in Baltimore City and I think both the city and county are great right now for investment. Prices are very low relative to rents. Baltimore City is definitely more challenging but the returns are higher.

important pieces of information can be missed or potentially misleading while reading on your own.

What information are you looking for? It is very important that you know haw to run the numbers. Most new investor smiss a lot of hidden costs. Search the site here for more help. The 50% rule is a good place to start (searching) regarding holding rentals.

owner occupied financing means find something somewhere you won't mind living for a while. Personally, I would never be anywhere near tenants but to each his own

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.