Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Fred Conway
  • tampa, FL
Votes |
Florida, Texas, Atlanta or Tempe, AZ and how much do property taxes matter?

Fred Conway
  • tampa, FL
Posted May 20 2014, 14:45

So a little about myself, I'm a younger guy, have a good amount of cash saved up and looking to invest into rental property within the next few years. My biggest problem is I'm not sure where I want to settle down and begin investing. There's great job opportunities for me in Texas (Dallas, Austin, Houston) and Atlanta, GA, I enjoy Dallas, but can't see myself investing in property here. I also enjoy Atlanta, but not sure of the rental income possibilities, along with the 7% state income tax. My ideal situation would be to own real estate near Arizona State University (where i went to school) because i know the area very well and the property tax is next to nothing.Which makes the monthly note on a home very manageable, as well as the constant stream of students coming in every year. Problem is, there aren't many good paying jobs there for what I do. I would take about a 20%-30% pay cut to move to Arizona.

So what i'm looking for I guess is how much do property taxes factor into your decision of where to own and which market do you think is best for investing in monthly rental income.

Thanks

Loading replies...