Looking for a veteran Investor in Columbus, Ohio to work partner with!

2 Replies

I am a Canadian trying to break into the Columbus, Ohio market, looking for multifamily properties for buy and hold. Am trying to find private lenders, personal lenders etc to fund as I want to use 100% OPM. I possibly have a majority lender however they will not do 100% thus, I am reaching out to see if there is someone who would consider working with me to help with the remaining costs and and gain a good return on their money in return.

I am very willing to look at any options as I just want to get my first property done and get rolling from there. If I find someone and the first deal works out great for both of us I would like to continue working with someone in order to build a much larger portfolio!!

I do have a couple properties I am ready to offer on but wanting to make sure I am set up with funding first of all!!

Reach out to me anytime, or if you know someone who works in Columbus and may fit this scenario, please pass on my name and contact details.

Much appreciated and I wish everyone all the success we all deserve!!

The only way you will be able to accomplish this is to raise private equity in your holding entity and use it as your equity in the deal. The problem is you don't have a tract record and will be a challenge (not impossible) to raise the capital. You need to find our deal first, run your numbers, know your numbers and present to investors. If I were you though, I would start on smaller projects to get a feel for it (<$500,000) and work your way up. 

You have to ask yourself honestly, "If an investor has nothing in the deal, why should he get equity?" 

From experience, it will take at least a 50% annual return to even get the investors interested.

100% OPM will be extremely difficult without a track record of success. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here