$150k

2 Replies

Better to target a couple of discounted homes for cash, try to utilize downpayment and closing on a few, or use as downpayment for larger apt complex.  I know this has been covered a few times- just looking for more of the pros and cons from people that have utilized all 3 options beyond some of the common mentioned for each.

I don't believe right now is a good time for multi units if cash is low , my strategy for the last year was condo units my partner and I picked up37 units with an average sales price of 50k after 35 percent down and a 10 year full amortization they still cash flow 12 to 15 percent stay out of the way of the syndicate buyers, product is getting over valued and I cant believe I just said that

good luck

Mike, it sounds like you lean toward the middle strategy, but I have a couple of questions.  Why put 35% down?  With less funds to work with and higher prices, that doesnt buy much.  I see a lot of issues w/ that scenario as well- loans for under 50k I would assume cost more, I dont see 10 yr full amort props that will CF 12-15% (some of that might be due to the 35% down).  Also, on the final option, I wasnt discussing syndication- I was suggesting using the money as a downpayment and closing costs for small apt building.  The biggest thing I was looking for is the "why" that is your preferred method.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you