How Do I Fire My Realtor?

16 Replies

I am quickly learning that my realtor is not geared toward working with investors...any advice on firing her?

Brandon,

Have you seen the TV show "The Apprentice"?

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

No contract. And yes...she is a mediocre buyers agent. I worked through her on my first couple of deals.

Originally posted by @Joe Villeneuve:

Brandon,

Have you seen the TV show "The Apprentice"?

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

Too funny. 

Glad to see you didn't sign a contract.  Don't.  As an investor you should never sign a contract with a Real Estate Agent.  You shouldn't need to.

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

Originally posted by @brandon

Too funny.

Brandon,

Funny yes, but accurate.

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

I'm not sure how it is in your state but here in Texas, if you haven't signed a buyer's rep you don't need to do anything. Just tell them out of courtesy.

If you have signed one, there is a termination of buyers rep form you can fill out.

Originally posted by @Joe Villeneuve:

Originally posted by @brandon

Too funny.

Brandon,

Funny yes, but accurate.

Joe Villeneuve
REcapSystem
A2REIC

Thanks, Joe.

Originally posted by @Gregory Tran:

I'm not sure how it is in your state but here in Texas, if you haven't signed a buyer's rep you don't need to do anything. Just tell them out of courtesy.

If you have signed one, there is a termination of buyers rep form you can fill out.

Gregory, thanks for the information.

@Joe Villeneuve  

LOL  The Apprentice was the first thing I thought of when I read the title.

@Brandon Sturgill  

Since you don't have a contract, there is no need firing needed.  If she was at least putting forth the effort, I personally would let her know why I was going in another direction. 

Originally posted by @David R.:

@Joe Villeneuve  

LOL  The Apprentice was the first thing I thought of when I read the title.

@Brandon Sturgill 

Since you don't have a contract, there is no need firing needed.  If she was at least putting forth the effort, I personally would let her know why I was going in another direction. 

Appreciate it, David.

All I have heard you say is your not satisfied and that is reason enough. Since you have done some business with her put on some balls and sit down with her and discuss it and pick up the check for lunch. You don't say what the problem is and since you don't have a contract there is nothing you have to do except man up. There is no reason you have to burn the bridge, she can still look for deals for you, etc, if she learns about anything in your parameters and let you know of anything, you never know where your next deal is coming from. 

Don't be like an old client of mine who always told me all his mistakes are buried in the desert, and my standard answer was that's a stupid place to bury them, they don't decompose very well in the desert. 

I am with @Brian P. - it never pays to burn a bridge.  Keep a cordial relationship and move on in good faith knowing you are moving in a direction that will hopefully benefit your business.  

i work mostly with sellers agents. just move on. in real estate, dont burn a bridge. 

If she is a buyer's agent can you explain what she is doing wrong.

Joe Gore

Originally posted by @Joe Gore:

If she is a buyer's agent can you explain what she is doing wrong.

Joe Gore

Sound advice. Thanks, Joe.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here