Votes
Martin S.
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Frustrated, almost had a deal, and then they claim they got a cash offer

Martin S.
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Sep 3 2014, 09:26

Property was purchased at auction like 2 months ago by some real estate agent at $86k (great deal, huh) who "Manages" a property company and is also the listing agent for the property I want. I called the listing brokers agency yesterday, spoke with an agent and worked out a deal. List price is $129k, I offered $110k, the listing agent, who is the manager for the company who owns the property came back and said we have a deal at $115k, and I was fine with that and told my agent to send me the offer contract. This morning I call to verify if there are any HOA fees and my agent tells me that the seller is taking an all cash offer that is higher than mine. (Which is just stupid). Anyways, how the hell am I supposed to buy my first house with these kinds of stupid road blocks all over the place. My main problem is finding an agent who can manage to keep in contact with me long enough to make an offer. I call them, email them and tell them I am ready to make an offer and they disappear! Ridiculous! I must have tried 10 times over the last year to make an offer and it never goes anywhere, the agent I call never gets me an offer contract and either I am too frustrated to push on or the house gets sold or something.

Loading replies...