eager to sell-need tips

2 Replies

I 've had a house listed with an agent for more than a year with no offers. It's priced right, but my relator says there just tooo much on the mls in that area , and not enough customers . anyone have any idea on how to move this  house? should i offer a bonus, lower the price, (again), fix the roof (costly--it doesn"t leak, but there is a slight caved in part due to not enough support), any tips on how to sell would be really appreciated.

the house is priced too high. If the price is correct, someone will buy it. With the issues you described only an investor will buy it. 

You're probably going to have to take the house off the market and fix the roof, then put the house back on the market at a price that will sell.  Personally, I would pay the $100 or so for a BPO, because it sounds like your agent is trying to ensure they get the most commission, not that you get your property sold.  The problem with a property being on the market that long is that people assume there is something wrong with it.  In this case, the fact it has been on the market that long means the roof becomes a problem, even if it isn't.  However, if you're describing it as "caved in", that would signify a problem. 

@Arlan Potter  is correct.  If your property is priced correctly, it will sell. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you