Who writes the contract for off market property

2 Replies

When I find an off market property that I want, without the use of a agent or broker, who will write the sell contract? Is this something that I need to learn how to do?  My understanding is that only a broker/agent can do this. 

In Texas, you have a TREC purchase agreement I believe all transactions of residential properties are to use that. You can fill it out. Actually, you do need some practice and RE knowledge, and a tad bit of business/contract law, to fill a contract out, what and how you say something matters.

Get to some REI meetings and get with others, you can ask a Realtor to give you some help, one might, better yet, if you're going to be in RE, you should have an attorney, I doubt an attorney would charge you for telling you how to fill out a contract they provide to you if they were to draft one for you, they will charge for drafting agreements I'm sure. :)

Thanks @Bill G.  I can probably get the agent that sold me my personal house  to go over it with me. She will most likely be the agent that I deal with with on future endeavors  since i already trust her.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here