Who writes the contract for off market property

2 Replies

When I find an off market property that I want, without the use of a agent or broker, who will write the sell contract? Is this something that I need to learn how to do?  My understanding is that only a broker/agent can do this. 

In Texas, you have a TREC purchase agreement I believe all transactions of residential properties are to use that. You can fill it out. Actually, you do need some practice and RE knowledge, and a tad bit of business/contract law, to fill a contract out, what and how you say something matters.

Get to some REI meetings and get with others, you can ask a Realtor to give you some help, one might, better yet, if you're going to be in RE, you should have an attorney, I doubt an attorney would charge you for telling you how to fill out a contract they provide to you if they were to draft one for you, they will charge for drafting agreements I'm sure. :)

Thanks @Bill G.  I can probably get the agent that sold me my personal house  to go over it with me. She will most likely be the agent that I deal with with on future endeavors  since i already trust her.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.