potential rental deal, need feedback

6 Replies

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to acquire my first rental property. Did my research, the numbers look good, but just wanted to get the people's thoughts before I go through with the transaction.

Price: $13,500

Repairs: $40,000 (contractor estimated $35k then I added another $5k to be overly conservative)

Total Investment: $53,500

Monthly P & L:

Rent: $800

Taxes: $96

Prop. Mgmt: $80

Insurance: $87.58

Deferred Maintenance: $50

Vacancy: $80

Profit per month: $406.42

So tell me- deal or no deal?

Thanks for reading and responding.

Seems like you need $43k in cash for this deal?  All cash?

all cash deal, and financing in place for the repairs

$4800 per year on $53k?

What is it worth after repairs?

@Mario T.   ... looks good to me on the numbers side.

Couple thoughts, what kind of neighborhood, and any issues with crime there?  Overall ages of houses there, are you getting basically a full rehab with this money? Roof, HVAC?

I'd be curious on the ARV on this ... but I'd be feeling good about it so long as the value is there and the market is good there for rent for a quality tenant after you put all this cash into this house. Make sure not to overdo the finishes ,,, it's still a $50k house.

@Nathan Brooks  your comment is a sight for sore eyes

ARV is $70k

Almost a full rehab.  Roof and HVAC needs work.  Market is great for rent right now.  Neighborhood crime is low. No serious crimes.  Thanks for all the help

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide