Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Conway
  • Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
Under Contract, but still in appeals court. Can i close the deal?

Anthony Conway
  • Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Nov 18 2014, 05:20

Hello, 

I have had a house under contract for about 6 months now. I put it under contract knowing that it was in appeals court and told the wholeseller that brought us the property, i will not close until it is out of courts. It is in appeals court for a property line issue that started 2 years ago. The lady next door that is appealing the property line placement has free legal representation and really doesn't care how long it takes. I have read all court documents and she has no leg to stand on in this case and her property is also being foreclosed on.  I have the contract with a local lawyer, but i do not think they have ever dealt with this and they want to just wait it out. Well i am sick of waiting and ready to close the deal.  My question is can i close this deal as long as i (buyer) is aware that the property is in appeals court? My initial thoughts with the property was to flip it, but i don't think a end buyer will want to buy a property in the courts. So i have looked at two more options for ourselves, Buy and hold until cleared from appeals court or buy and land contract until cleared. basically the same 2 options. Any help on this situation would be appreciated.

Loading replies...