Trade MLS logins?

10 Replies

Question for you guys. With regards to flipping, I wish to browse the MLS in some of these hot states i.e. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Richmond ect. But my Arizona MLS obviously doesnt work for anything besides AZ. Is it ethical for agents to trade logins to view other geographical locations?

Medium hig res logo 4301 .png equity connect Jared Vidales, Equity Connect | [email protected] | 530‑219‑6792 | http://www.EquityConnect.com

If you have MLS access, you already know the answer to this.

There are apps that can give you fill MLS access as a consumer.

Medium 3Ian Hoover, Deacon Hoover Real Estate Advisors | [email protected] | 724‑492‑8312 | PA Agent # RM423721

Originally posted by @Ian Hoover :

There are apps that can give you fill MLS access as a consumer.

Do tell.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

#1 Realtor.com has 94% accurate information and recently started posting "Most" of the foreclosure and short sale listings.

#2 If you partner with the right professionals you can get invited to HBM1's app and they have the most accurate 97% and 98% of the listings that the MLS has.

The power of the MLS is not the listings, it's the tools we have to manipulate the market & come up with accurate values (BPO) and statistics for CMA's. We have some other sweet tools like auto searches we can setup and hotsheets.

Overall if you want the best you need to get a license but these options are a good resource the other options you have is finding a good realtor who will do the leg work in return for your business.

I have hear of people sharing MLS logins and I have also seen agents make money off of them but for me it is not worth the penalty of being caught, but if you find the agent that will that is their risk not yours.

Medium 3Ian Hoover, Deacon Hoover Real Estate Advisors | [email protected] | 724‑492‑8312 | PA Agent # RM423721

Yes retail asking prices are easy to see through web sites and apps. But what I would love to have is the actual sales data complete with all the original photos and listing information. As a former appraiser I'm used to having all of that information easily accessible for my area. But if I could get that same level of data for an out of state area, I'm mean really that's what people are looking for I think. Really there is no way to get that. . . Ethically

I belong to two MLS's and one of them has a $10,000 fine for giving out your password.

Texas is closed records so the MLS has a monopoly on sales data. Other states sometimes track sales on the county tax assessors' site, which is laborious to use but free. I sometimes use the county clerk to see the loan amounts and try to guess the down payment....if there are two loans you've got it. But the MLS tracks concessions which can be as much as 10% if the buyer negotiates closing and repairs, so you are really only ballpark at best.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you