Future Market Projections

3 Replies

Any good tools and resources for future market projections?

Real estate, stocks, or bonds analyze since 1999.  It's a great snapshot in time to understand how all those markets work over many many decades.  

I found Dave Lindahl's book "Emerging Real Estate Markets" a good start but did find that he definitely leaves stuff out so you get interested in buying into his guru system. I took a lot of tips from him though like watching for large building projects happening i.e malls or highways that will bring in more people. Also big businesses moving into new areas that will bring in or hire many new employees. Finding out what's going on in local governments also helps. Is the Mayor of a city hot on growth? Is he offering incentives for businesses to come to town or giving incentives for neighborhoods to clean up their act? Or look for universities expanding or opening satellite campuses. I did this research in my area and found a town that has great potential. Now that I've found an area to focus on I am getting to know people in the area like building inspectors and town clerks. Read the local newspapers and websites to keep up on what neighborhoods are going to be affected and focus there before they become hot. Hope this helps.

Thank you Bryan and Kim. Very helpful. I will certainly look into that book Kim!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you