Yes or No

8 Replies

It depends on the numbers of the deal itself. The numbers tell you yes or no. Investing is always about the numbers.  If the numbers makes sense, yes. If not, no.

Promotion
Ashcroft Capital
A national multifamily investment firm
Three Reasons Investors May Prefer Real Estate
Read three reasons why investing in real estate private placements may provide several advantages.
Read More Here

For some of my commercial clients they buy in no-income tax states such as Texas.

Taxes are higher their than say where I am at in Georgia. In GA certain counties and cities have higher or lower property taxes. It is a consideration but only one of many factors to analyze.

In Texas for instance you can buy a commercial NNN property or a multi-tenant strip center and the tenants pay the property taxes.

Single NNN the tenants pays. Multi-tenant they still pay through re-imbursements above their per sq ft rate.

So it depends on what type of real estate asset you are buying  and what state, county, city.   

@Tedroy Johnson   In the past year in Connecticut we have rehabbed 3 single family homes and resold them, as well as rehabbed 2 multi family homes and refinanced them on the back end.  We bought all with the aid of hard money along with our own cash.

I don't know what you would consider a wholesale price but the multis we buy between 50 and 60% of the after repair appraised value.  The appraised value is important because we refi on the back end for these.