• Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Answers

Reggie C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Dec 30 2014, 03:51
Trust is BIG in this business. I struggled whether I wanted to post this or not and even what forum should I choose. As a new investor, I reached out to a group that does deals in their sleep and gravitated to a person that is doing what I want to do literally. I got the number and would call and bounce questions and scenarios off of this person and would always get some meaningful insight, this was by far to me my de-facto mentor. I found a motivated seller of 10 properties in desired areas of town. Eight units have tenants on 1 year leases generating income. I meet her (seller) and do a drive by of all 10 last week. I call my mentor and share the details and I am told to setup another meeting with seller to show the properties to us, mentor will pick out some of that are appealing and we'll close a deal. Needless to say my mentor didn't show, call, or text. I went to all 10 and took pictures and lots of notes. I'll be working hard today finding a buyer. I was very disappointed but looked at it as a learning experience. Anybody out there ever experience this, what did you do?

Loading replies...