New Member from Houston Tx

6 Replies

Good Afternoon,

I am new to this site and would like to get as much advise and details about real estate investing. This will be my first investment deal and want to have enough knowledge on getting a good deal. I want to start with single family homes and work my self up. Any advise any one can give me on searching for real estate in the Houston area ? I plan on renting out and making a profit. I have another job working overseas, but also want other income coming in then relying on one job. My eyes and ears are open and would like anyone successful to guide me through my first purchase.

Victor R.

Welcome to the site. When searching for deals, I would recommend driving for dollars, getting on all the wholesalers mailing lists, or working directly with an investor friendly realtor. Make sure you have specific farm area in mind. You probably wont find great deals on the MLS in the current market. Good luck!

Hello @Victor Rios  

Welcome to biggerpockets, If you are in Houston and you have questions about the Houston market, ll be happy to help. 

Good Luck, 

@Victor Rios  Hey Victor, welcome to BP. Good Luck to You.   You will have great opportunity to learn and meet investors here.  There are a good amount of wholesalers for your area once you find your desired market.  Would recommend the books by J Scott and Brandon Turner for fast learning. Tom & Roni 

Thanks for the replies Gentlemen

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.