• Real Estate Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
Quitclaim Deed, Subject To & Putting a Wholesale Deal on the MLS

Suzette Bickers
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Feb 11 2015, 07:02

Working to close my first deal. It's a nice property that can be sold to a retail buyer. Owner is 3 months past due, on the verge of foreclosure (lending company is holding off foreclosure because of our agreement to buy the property). I have spend a month trying to get this property on the MLS to market to retail buyers. None of the local flat fee realtors/brokers will do the agreement with me because we are not the owners on the deed. They state that because we only have equitable interest, we cannot sign the listing agreement. They state their local board rules. Whether they are just not understanding the exact meaning of the rules, or whether we really can't be the ones that sign, I am not sure. But at this point I am running out of valuable time to mess with trying to find someone and then wait for a retail buyer to be interested and buy. SO, I was thinking of paying the back payments and curing the default and doing a quitclaim deed so I become the owner and can this house on the MLS. I am working closely with a title company, and the title is clear from what I can tell.

My question is really about how to PRESENT this to the owner.  Her back payments get paid and she is no longer delinquent, however I am thinking she would be wanting right away the payout she would get after the payoff of the mortgage.  How do I sell this idea to her?

Loading replies...