Mailing List Question

5 Replies

Where is the best place to find lists of potential sellers who:
1. Live out of county
2. Are behind on their mortgages
3. Are behind on their taxes
4. What other list categories are useful

When I go on my county's assessor site, addresses are listed but not owner names - names may be available if I go in to their office. They do sell lists but I'm not sure what info they are willing able to provide. What have others found most useful. I live in Ventura county, CA. I'm interested in preforeclosures, deals for flipping and deals for wholesaling.
Thanks
Andrew

Speak to these guys:

www.listsource.com

Also speak to yellowletters.com

Or read this forum topic for ideas.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/91813-other-lists-besides-listsource

SInce you're in Cali try propertyradar.com  that site/service will give you everything you could possibly want, including a list of buyers.  plus, it doesnt charge by the use. Listsource is give you great info but is a total scam - they get their info right from title co and sell to you at a mark-up.  

yellowletters.com is good too although relatively expensive.  

Thanks Patrick,

I just looked at propertyradar.  Looks very interesting.  Have you used them and do you find that they have extensive or limited records and coverage?

Thanks

Andrew

We are in Ventura County, too. Check out the list sources on BP. You can get most of the info with time and effort at the  county offices and some cooperation from a title company, if you want to commit your time. Buying lists are faster, but can get pricey. Let's keep in touch.

@Andrew Bassuk   yeah i use PR all the time.  both for finding properties as well as new buyers.  plus they have a comparable sales tool that's pretty accurate.  

they have extensive (i think complete) coverage for california.  they are spotty in AZ, NV and WA.  havent checked out OR yet.  but they cover the major and minor cities.  they dont have great coverage of podunk areas (less  than 1000 residents).  

their records are quite good.  i've found errors on only a small number of inquiries.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here