Lists in MA: How to use the county website?

3 Replies

I live in Massachusetts, and the county website is extremely complicated to me.  I just want to generate, say, an absentee owner's list, or a inherit list, or a delinquent tax list, but I can't figure out how to do it on their website, http://www.masslandrecords.com/.  Does anyone have any experience with this site?  I could use Listsource or any of the others, but I'd rather not pay for something offered free. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Brian,

I have, and several others from Massachusetts, have tried to play around on that and the court website to generate probate and other lists.  To my knowledge nobody was able to do it online.  

Please let us all know if you are able to get it to work and welcome to BP!

Brian, you are using the word "county website" the way the gurus from other parts of the country do.   Because in other parts of the country, all the tax records are kept and billed by county.  In MA, the only county function is the registry of deeds.  I think you are looking for tax records, and tax records are by town.  So you would go to the town, go to the tax assessor page, and find a link for the online database.  It is usually one of a few companies that keep these records, such as Vision Appraisal or Patriot Properties. 

I still don't think you can generate what you want, the way you want to, but you can try, and if you succeed, then let us know.  Sometimes a call to the town will help, if it's a small town.  Or call Vision and see what they say.

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, wonderful, cold, snowy Massachusetts. I just wanted to verify that I wasn't missing something there. Thanks for your suggestions of Vision & Patriot. I'll check those out. Best Wishes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.