Buying a Fix and flip by freeway

8 Replies

I looked at a home that has good potential. Its a bank owned with a nice lot only downside it the back yard has maybe 50ft of woods then backs up to the freeway.  This is in a sub so theres lots of houses backing up to freeway as well.  I want to here what the pro flippers thoughts are on buying a flip that close to a freeway? Is this going to be hard to sell?

Thanks

Is there a fence separating the yard of the house from the highway?

Also, if you can hear highway traffic with the windows of the house open that would be a huge drawback.

Another factor is how cheap you are able to get the house for. That can cure a lot of ills.

Medium rzt hc 6483Michael Noto, SalCal Real Estate Connections | [email protected] | 860‑384‑7570 | https://www.zillow.com/profile/Mike-Noto/ | CT Agent # RES.0799665

yes there's a fence and you can't really hear it with the windows open.  Really you only hear it on the back porch or in the back yard. I am not sure how good of a deal I can get depends on how flexible the bank is. 

I have had 2 homes near freeways.  One had the freeway wall was part of the wall surrounding my home and during the rush hours, it was really quiet. Lol!  My other home was a block away and during rush hour you hear a roar from the freeway.  Both neighborhood was middle class and did not seem to affect the selling of the homes in neither area. In fact my home with the freeway was considered a very desirable area.   

Originally posted by @Joe Moore :

I have had 2 homes near freeways.  One had the freeway wall was part of the wall surrounding my home and during the rush hours, it was really quiet. Lol!  My other home was a block away and during rush hour you hear a roar from the freeway.  Both neighborhood was middle class and did not seem to affect the selling of the homes in neither area. In fact my home with the freeway was considered a very desirable area.   

I think I met you yesterday Joe. Anyway, to comment, this is in LA situation, and downtown housing, as long as its priced right, seem to get sold fast. I have asked my employees who lives in downtown Hispanic area (near USC), and they said anything for sale there gets sold within 7 days if the price is something below 350k.

@Adam Spencer Better insulation and sound treatment might help, but this is a good leverage you could talk to the bank I assume.

@Manolo D. I missed yesterday meeting, but I intend be at the next one.  I guess I will meet you then. One of the home was in LA and the other was in Long Beach, I guess same difference.  I would venture to say it is a LA county thing.

thanks for the great info guys. I think your right @Michael Noto is the deal is good it will be fine. I may look into a privacy fence if I get the place. That could cut down noise!?

Well didn't get the home the bank said I was to low...oh well on to the next one

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you