My First Rehab&flipping deal potential

2 Replies

I recently received a phone call from a seller who was her Realtor refer her to me. Her house have been sold to the bank in March2015 and the bank already start the eviction process and also as the the client the bank ask her to send an offer for her to buy the house however the client does not have any money nor credit to buy it. The client stated house have close to $25,000 worth of repairs because the roof is no good and have a lot of other issues. the client want to know if i can purchase the property and sell it to her after a couple year once her credit score and income are OK. Is that OK for me to do buy it and sell it back to her once she is qualify?the property valued is close to $160,000 and i was thinking of offering the bank about $60,000. What are your suggestion and best way to structure this deal.

Sandy U., Lender in FL (#NMLS 382285 )
561-572-1838

I have actually thought about this scenario myself and I find that there are a lot of bad routes this can take. I would do it with a very detailed agreement that said they would be buying the house back from me at X amount and put in the agreement that you don't have to sell the house back to them at all. Get to know the person before you agree to do this. I think it would be very good karma to help someone out like this.

Thank you very much for your response.

Sandy U., Lender in FL (#NMLS 382285 )
561-572-1838

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.