Buying my 1st SFH in Houston !!!! Looking for Home owners insurance!!

11 Replies

Hello All,

I'm in the process of purchasing my first rental !! Now,  I am looking for home owners insurance for my property. I been looking but some are a bit pricey affecting my CASHFLOW !!!. Can anyone refer me a to a good Insurer ? I live in Houston.

Haitham Foty

Benchmark Insurance Group of Texas

1111 North Loop West Ste 730

Houston, TX 77008

Office: 281.569.4353

Fax: 281.569.4379

Cell: 832.375.4008

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.benchmarkbroker.com

This post has been removed.

Affinity group.   National insurer.  Cheap with good liability coverage $1 M.

If you are maximizing cash flow, and like the minimal "self insured" model of barebones insurance, then Affinity is a good bet.

I saved around $400/year by switching  to Affinity last year for my texas property (sounds like a Geico commercial)

Affinity is good, but we recently switched our builders risk and some of our rentals over to Haitham at Benchmark and the rates are better.

We just got a quote from an insurer. We cut our premiums by 2/3 in some cases by insuring for the house value rather than replacement costs.

Do you happen to have any contact information on affinty group ?

So I should be closing on a Home soon. What should I look for in home insurance on my 1st SFH ?

Liability 100k or 300k ?

DP1 or DP3 ?

I'm stuck on choosing insurance. The quotes vary from 850-1400.  << Affecting cash flow

Can any one give me some places to check out? Advise?

So far I looked into Benchmark and goosehead insurance

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here