Does anyone own a vacation rental in Lake Tahoe, California or Nevada side?

2 Replies

I am considering owing one here, so was hoping to connect with someone who has experience owing one in this area.

I own and live in a condo located near Heavenly ski lift on the Nevada side. Our complex has 18 units of which 15 are vacation rentals. With the past 4 winters lacking snow many of these units have gone vacant for most of the winters. If I was to enter this space I would look for a property which would be close to the slopes but also have easy access to the lake to take advantage of the summer season. More visitors take advantage of the area in the summer vs winter

Thanks @Tim Farrell . Good idea. It just seems there are a lot of vacation rental properties in Tahoe area already, so on one hand I am concerned about vacancy rates, but when I browse through listings on vrbo seems like most of them are solid booked. I want to do some more research in this area. Do you have any recommendation on a good investor agent in this area that may be able to help me find one. I am looking for a fixer upper unit that I can rehab and convert to vacation rental.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here