Looking to buy my first 4plex in Southern California

4 Replies

I am eagerly looking for my first 4plex in Southern California area. I would like to use an FHA 3.5% down loan to get the property and live in it for a small time period. Anyone have any prospects ???

Hashmat,

Welcome to BP.

What areas are you in search of for a 4 plex at?

I do not mind bouncing back ideas, and helping look over numbers with you.

I know that with an FHA you will be obligated to be an owner occupancy.

Originally posted by @Hashmat Amin :

I am eagerly looking for my first 4plex in Southern California area. I would like to use an FHA 3.5% down loan to get the property and live in it for a small time period. Anyone have any prospects ???

Hey Hashmat, I'm a real estate agent with high end luxury real estate firm, Sotheby's in LA. I am also indian. I believe I can help you find what find the 4plex you are looking for. I'd love to help, what number can you be reached at?

Kind Regards,

HARRY GREWAL

@Hashmat Amin

I would recommend getting prequalify with a lender first to see how much of a 4plex you can afford before you go house hunting. If this is your first time buying there are a lot of things to consider, ie: taxes, insurance, PMI, closing cost etc. Then once you know what you can afford it will narrow down where you can find a 4plex in fits your price range. If you have already done this, great. If not, I would start there before you go any further.

Best of Luck!

-John

Thanks everyone for the great advise. Harry - I am working with an agent already, I posted this on BP to see if anyone had anything under their belts. David - thank you! I will definitely keep you in mind once the right opportunity pops up. I have not yet pre-qualified for a loan and will be doing that shortly.

Does anyone have any 4-plex units that they are selling? Please let me know.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here