Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Richard
  • Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
Looked at a house yesterday, said we were 100% and now he says sorry that he has a cash buyer. What can we do to change his mind?

Kevin Richard
  • Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Posted May 15 2015, 08:30

This is a friend/co-worker of mine.  They are just getting rid of their house.  It's a STEAL.  Probably 25% below market value if not more!  I tell him, sight unseen, "I want it, sell me that house!"  He says he has ppl looking at it but he won't say anything and he won't shake any hands and asks us to come look at it afterwards.

We show up and we say, "yep, we are both 100% in... I just need to follow up with the bank and secure the money.

He texts me this morning to say "sorry, the other people are showing up with cash."  The deal is not done and I begged him to not sell to them and that it wouldn't take long to get this deal done.  They actually have stuff in there to move out and now will have to hustle to get it all moved into a POD temp storage container.

He claims it's his wife that is pushing... I'm just trying anything to get him to give me the time I'd need to let the bank approve me.

Any ideas?

Loading replies...