• Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
SaVy Negotiations

Daria B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted May 23 2015, 06:05

I'm about to look a property that I found has no Heat Pump or appliances and who knows what else... I've come across other deals in the past that I offered what we (me and my agent) thought was a more than fair offer given the condition of the home and the "missing" item or two, and the comps, etc..

Just curious to find out from others how you handled a deal that was either a short sale, foreclosure, or just plain old seller wanting to sell and there were things like obvious needed repairs and the seller/bank just refused to accept the offer. What tactics are you using past just walking away.

In a few cases, 1 was a short sale, 1 was already foreclosed, and the other was the seller just wanting what she wanted; these deals didn't go through for me because they were not amenable to accepting my offer.

The short sale I found was purchased by a flipper later for way under what the bank would not accept from me.

And then only to find that the house sold for MUCH less than what I offered. :/ When it happened the first time I thought, " what could I have done to make this deal happen? "

With the exception of one, which was a regular seller sale in that she held out and got just at the asking price.

Have a great weekend!

Loading replies...