Williamsburg Brooklyn? Can anyone hear me?

5 Replies

I am a newer investor in Baltimore Md, but I spit time (every other weekend) in BK ny. I know Brooklyn is a crazy hot market pretty much everywhere, especially williamsburg/bushwick/crown heights, but I still see tons of seemingly vacants and distressed properties.... Are these just old landlords not keeping up with properties or what? Anyone out the doing mailers in hot neighborhoods in BK still? 

It's always worth a shot but I bet those are properties that owners are just sitting on waiting for the value to keep increasing. Everyone and their mother is trying to get in those neighborhoods but I see no reason not to try if you see something distressed. 

I just sold a vacant buildings in prime Williamsburg last December.  The owners definitely get calls on a regular basis, and they're not cheap!

Originally posted by @Brandon Cohen :

I just sold a vacant buildings in prime Williamsburg last December.  The owners definitely get calls on a regular basis, and they're not cheap!

Yeah, I'm sure. It just be my overly ambitious mind, but I see places constantly. What were the details on that property? Howd you find it? 

@Randy Coffren

sorry for the late response.  It was a listed property (i represented the buyer) and we made an offer the first day on market...that's how fast things are moving here. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.