Votes
Amy Brocious
  • Butler, PA
Votes |
Approach Landlord for a deal?

Amy Brocious
  • Butler, PA
Posted Jun 17 2015, 10:55

This is a ~feeler~ question of sorts ... we have been renting our home for about 4 years now and have a great relationship with our landlord.  He is an older guy, business savvy - former accountant, and not interested in being hassled with much, as far as I can tell.  Wanting to retire peacefully.  He has mentioned in conversation several times about a property that has been on the market for over a year that he has been trying to sell, but has not been able to do so ... I don't know numbers or details, but just wondered in my new "investor" frame of mind, if maybe he is distressed enough to want to work out an arrangement with us ... we can get much needed experience starting off, and we might be able to help him by offering to handle it as a rental.  He stated that he didn't want to deal with another rental, and wants out of it ... but I can't help wondering if there is some sort of opportunity in there.  

On the other hand, I don't want to do anything to sully our relationship with him currently ... and since we are not overly financially secure right now, it would take creativity to make it work.  Something tells me not to do business with friends ... or the one you send you own rent check to!  

Any thoughts on my thoughts are welcome!  Hope this wasn't too confusing!  Thank you! 

Loading replies...