Option Agreement

2 Replies

I had option agreement on a property with the seller who was still able to market the property themselves, they came up with a buyer, but the deal fell through.  They contacted me to see if I had a buyer.  I had several interested at the time the seller had the property under contract with their buyer.  How do I go about getting the option agreement extended or should I just go for a new agreement with the seller? 

My option agreement has extension clauses, and all I would need is a letter from the seller.

If your agreement doesnt have this feature, then you can have him sign a new agreement.

The timing for this is perfect, he needs you, so make him sign a 6 month to a 12 month agreement.

Since you are in PA, you also want to have a notice of option filed at the Allegheny county Court House so that you dont get into legal trouble. I have students working in McKeesport and that is a great town to wholesale in.  Everyone will sell you a house, but we get the best money out of arranging owner finacing terms with motivated sellers and passing them on to people who cant get a conventional loan. 

To your success

Josh

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here