Do you put your deals on Bp? Why or why not?

2 Replies

It seems to me like there are two schools of though. People either use BP to move properties or they treat this as a "home base" and don't post deals. I am curious to hear from both sides of the fence. 

I would imagine some folks would be worried that their deal isn't good enough.

What if a problem comes up with the property? 

Etc. 

One of the best things I have ever heard on this topic came from one of my buyers who does over 200 transactions a year. 

"When I buy a property I buy all of it. It's issues and everything. You will never get a call from me complaining about a deal because I bought that deal from you. If for some reason I can't sell it that's none of your concern. " 

When I was new that advice gave me a ton of confidence. We all know that no house is perfect. If you think it is perfect you just haven't looked hard enough.

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

If you aren't confident in the deals you are doing @Ryan Dossey then you shouldn't do the deal. I say get your properties out there wherever you can. I dont personally see the value in a PRO membership so I cant put deals on BP. If I was wholesaling or flipping it might be different. I imagine selling one flip here would make a year membership worth it

Im an agent also so I have access to MLS too.

Trust me I have confidence in my deals or I wouldn't be doing them. I was just talking about a few people I have talked to from the site who don't use the marketplace. I have found lenders, private investors, and even gotten some offers on my properties from the marketplace. I use it! Just opening up a dialogue about the pro's/con's to to help some people step into the light!

Ryan Dossey, Real Estate Agent in IN (#RB15001099)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.