What's your biggest frustration/challenge with marketing?

4 Replies

Hi guys, I'm new to real estate. I have a marketing background. I'd like to bring my knowledge into the industry to help out. So I'm wondering what is your biggest challenge or frustration with real estate and marketing?

Starting out, not knowing who to market, how to market, or how to finance the marketing.

Hey Omar!  I'm a marketing guy as well, and I've been playing in this real estate game since 2007 or so.

The thing that frustrates me is that something the works in one market will fall flat in another - the exact some strategy (direct mail, AdWords, etc.).  There are so many factors - such as the cost & availability of housing, the number of competitors, etc. - that this is more art than science, and that frustrates me.  =)

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Rats! I didn't do so well in art......

I am probably no where near as sophisticated as a lot of the markets out here, but what I do is 100% focus on pocket deals or off-market deals. (Direct to owners, FSBO)

So having said that, the biggest challenge is to stay consistent. 

I always remind myself with a quote, "if you're not marketing, you're not in business". This usually wakes me up, and focuses me on spending at least 1-2 hours a day on marketing or spending time systemizing a marketing system that my team use. 

But always have deal flow and make offers. This will keep you from falling in love with a deal and you will always have another deal you can move on to. 

The money is in the consistency. In terms of, where/how/who/what should you market to, there are many different strategies, just focus on one and keep going.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you