Closing question

1 Reply

Hi all, I'm supposed to be closing on my first wholesale deal next week. And I just found out that there is a problem with the H OA not wanting a non-occupant owner to buy it. I dealt with the H away paperwork two weeks ago and the management company didn't say anything. We've resolved the situation but it was stressful in the future, whose job is it to make sure that these documents are done? Is it the sellers attorney? Buyers attorney? The buyer I found? Or me? I'm fine if it's me but since the attorneys got involved I've been a bit out of the loop they don't seem to want to talk to me. Just want to know who does what thanks so much.

Regarding condos, unfortunately very often you can't trust the PM and it will usually be most efficient to just deal directly with the HOA President. I've heard so many foul ups and deals killed when dealing with them its not worth it. You have to perform due diligence anyway so its best to skip the PM in these cases. Since the 2008 crash HOAs have gotten much more strict on most of their policies (as if that were possible)in many states countrywide. My coin.



Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here