Where do you find your deals? Any Houston wholesalers? West Houston.....

6 Replies

hi my name is Liz and I am new to investing. I been looking at this website for a while now and I really appreciate everyone's insight and have learned so much.  I believe we have most of our pieces put together with the exception of locating the right deal. 

I have 100k cash but I would like to use the 100k for loan payments and other expenses. We tried looking on the mls for the last few weeks and we haven't found anything.   I considered tax auctions, however we would like to skip that path right now...maybe in a few months as our experience and confidence builds.  

Where do y'all find your houses at? 

Can anyone stear us in the right direction? Does anyone have any properties in west Houston?

you are new and I guess you think that a good place to start is the MLS. The way Texas is going right now, that is the last place you should be looking. You will have to go out and beat the bushes. Look for vacant houses, Etc. You will have to generate your own leads.

But right now, it's tough. It's a sellers market. There are multiple offers on most properties. 

You just have to be patient and keep looking. Deals aren't going to fall in your lap. 

I live in Austin. It's the same here, but I'm not worried. Markets change and it's not going to stay like this forever. 

Good luck. 

@Liz Wilkins  http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30125168/www.bi...

Check out this post. It's exactly what you are looking for. Also use the realtor, zillow, and Redfin apps to set up alerts for the type of properties you are interested. Network on here, there are tons of agents. Look up Sharon Tzib, she is a great agent that I've come across on here. She may be a good fit for you. 

What is your niche?

Thank you amber.  I thought about setting up some alerts, that's a good idea.  I'm going to check out Sharon tzib. I think I'm going to keep my mind open for now and After a few flips and I start to learn more and gain the experience I can focus on niches. It's a big world out there and I know there is a lot out there. 

Originally posted by @Amber Koontz :

@Liz Wilkins http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30125168/www.bi...

Check out this post. It's exactly what you are looking for. Also use the realtor, zillow, and Redfin apps to set up alerts for the type of properties you are interested. Network on here, there are tons of agents. Look up Sharon Tzib, she is a great agent that I've come across on here. She may be a good fit for you. 

What is your niche?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you