Any tricks for winning on the MLS?

2 Replies

When you're in a very hot property market, properties get multiple offers and the LA calls for highest and best. I've been submitting several offers a week and have not had any luck. Mostly I've been offering a few grand over the purchase price, a one week due diligence period and 20% EMD. Yesterday a property was listed which is way below market value. I took a drive by and am desperate to buy it. I submitted an As Is Purchase Contract with a 1 day due diligence period and an EMD of 100% of the sale price. I have only offered at list price but would increase the offer if they called for highest and best. I was thinking of going to the realtors office and dropping off the EMD check tomorrow. Every time I've met the LA in person, they have pushed my offer and I got the property. I guess they feel more personable and interested in helping than if you are just corresponding via email/phone. Does anyone have any additional stellar tips for getting offers accepted?

Going thru the listing agent has advantages and dropping of the offer in person as you are doing .I used to shoot off 10-20 offers a week unseen in the hopes of just getting into the bidding for one .That was one of the main reasons I became an agent  

@Nat Chan

Definitely forming a relationship or putting a face to the offer, will give you more recognition. Moreover, they may be able to alert you when similar properties on the market that fit your criteria become available. All agents really care about is offers with the ability to close (so they get paid), and once you show them that, you will always on their radar. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here