• Irving, TX
Votes |
Mandatory Real Estate Licensing Courses/Books/Information

Christopher Karimi
  • Realtor
  • Irving, TX
Posted Jul 30 2015, 07:12

Good morning,

I started my mandatory courses for my Texas RE license about 3 months ago, I'm almost finished with course 4 and will move to course 5 (Promulgated Contract Forms) soon. I've covered so much information so far, I've read every word in every book. I'm wondering, will I really need all of that information in the real estate field if do become an agent and to pass the state exam which has less than 200 questions. It seems like a lot of it has nothing to do with selling/buying for a client/customer or investment property. Just kind of annoys me when I have to read about soil, rocks, what a mortgage broker has to do, etc. So to experienced real estate agents and brokers on here - Do you really use everything you learn from your real estate courses/books or is it kind of a joke and just one of those laughable battles you have to get through to see the light? Trust me, I have a good attitude about all of it but some of the topics I read I'm just like...what? Do I really need to know this? But in a way I guess that's school for you, like in high school or college, we all learn about so many pointless things we never apply in the real world...my banker never cared about my GPA or report card if you know what I mean.

Loading replies...