Should I buy now or wait?

2 Replies

Hey BP members.

I am 21 years old from Israel. I started learning RE couple weeks ago and im loving every bit of it. 

In Israel for the last 7 years there is harsh RE bubble... looking back 7 years ago the prices doubled. for example my apartment went from $100k to $220k. everyone says its a bubble and its going to explode soon but nothing happens (|that was 3 years ago). in this reality its not possible to start investing in RE here. 

my qustion: should i wait for the bubble to burst and then buy(no clue when it will happen) OR should i go all in and buy now?

All markets operate in cycles, including real estate. You can sell when is going up and buy when prices are down.  Don't get stuck in analysis paralysis. 

@Netanel Malihi

Hey Netanel, I feel you.

In some way,@Ericka Parrott is right, as you should not buy in the sole purpose of considering appreciation. I would also add that at this times the interest rate are in an all time low, which is an advantage.

There are great returns in Israel outside of main cities, such as beer she a, Kara Saba, rehovot, and people are still buying. I would suggest looking into low cost places in student cities in the south or invest abroad. 

We are both experiencing the same issue..

Good luck

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here