Georgia agent looking for advice from out of state investors

5 Replies

Hi All, 

I am an investor as well as a Realtor in Georgia ( Atlanta area). I can use advice on how to focus my skills to help more investors. Honestly, this not a plug for business but a real effort to reasearch what investors are looking for in an agent. I'm open to any advice.

Thanks, Jason

just learn your market. Know all the landlords. Know who might want to sell in a year but not today. Know the cap rates that properties are selling at. Know what areas/neighborhoods or suburbs are hot. Know everything about multifamily properties in the market you are working. Make sure everybody knows you. The "How" you do all of that is a different discussion...good luck @Jason Hern

Thanks Rob, I appreciate the input!!

@Jason Hern I always look for an agent will to go the extra mile to help get a deal done and also an agent who is an expert in the market. If you are an expert and bring value to a deal its the best for an investor. I love the Atlanta market, own a 44 unit in Forest Park. Also looking at some other properties in the area. Do you focus on single or multifamily?

hi John, thanks for offering feedback. 

I'm finding a lot of investors try to avoid working with an agent and vice versa. I think a good agent with investment experience can add a lot of value to an investor's networking circle. 

As an investor I have bought and sold Quads, duplexes and single-family homes. I have never hired an agent myself but I've dealt with several I found to be unethical and unhelpful. That's why got my license.  As an agent I've worked with buyers and sellers on single-family homes only.  My goal is to work more with investors  to use what I know. 

@Jason Hern the better connected you are in your area the more valuable you will be to other investors. I'd focus on building relationships and joining organizations in your area because investors typically want off market deals that cash flow - and the more people you know, the more likely you'll have access to that. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here