Probate court properties

4 Replies

Has anyone found probate court deals, and if so how did you approach the administrator? I am a novice investor with one short sale purchased. Looking to perhaps try something different.  Any suggestions on how to approach these kind of deals, or creative deals in general?

Originally posted by @Mayour Patel:

Has anyone found probate court deals, and if so how did you approach the administrator? I am a novice investor with one short sale purchased. Looking to perhaps try something different.  Any suggestions on how to approach these kind of deals, or creative deals in general?

I am young, enthusiastic, and eager to learn.  Hoping to find an experienced investor in the Connecticut/ Tri State area,  to work and learn from. Basically looking for a mentor, kind enough to share some of their wisdom with me. 

I'm at least encouraged by the name of your hometown. 

Go buy or borrow some fundamentals of real estate books before you go looking for a mentor do they will not be frustrated with your lack of basics.

Go to REIA's in your area. Leave your credit cards at home (except enough to buy dinner and entrance fee).

Report back what you find.

I actually do have experience, I currently own and manage one three family in Connecticut. I also have some experience assisting with international investing with my father. I would really like to find someone with expertise in creative deals, as mentioned above.