RE Agents - Direct Mailings & Getting Listings

5 Replies

Hey BP,

I'm looking to start a direct mail campaign with a target to get listings, or deals under contract to wholesale.  From a listing perspective, what would you put in your mailing to catch the eye of potential sellers?  I'm mailing to expired listings, so keep in mind these people are probably frustrated when it comes to agents.  So far I have the below, but it seems very bland. 

Dear XXX,

My name is XXX,

And I can help you get your house at XXXXX

SOLD!

I work in the area and have a large number of buyers

Please call me today!

Chris

Licensed Realtor

@Chris Purcell :

Chris,

As a Real Estate Broker, myself, I think there are a lot of questions you have to answer about your service before you can deliver a valuable Marketing piece. 

What is your value to an expired seller other than you can sell their house? Anyone can sell a house, it doesn't even require a realtor to do so. (I am not trying to be cynical, just sharing some thoughts that have been passed onto me)

How are you going to market their home differently than the last broker who had it? Inputting it into the MLS is not a skill; Marketing is a skill. iPhone photos and different wording of the listing don't change anything.

What is you Value Proposition to the seller? 

In regards to sending out a mail piece:

What is going to differentiate your piece of mail from every other piece of mail they have received for the last few days, months from other realtors trying to do the same thing?

Be Clever, come up with something other than a one page letter that says I can sell your house. 

I apologize if I am being negative, I think in order to stand out from the crowd you have do be willing to do something different than the rest. More importantly, you have to execute on your proposition.

If you are looking for a different strategy to find Sellers' other than expired, try marketing to 70 and older folks who live in a large house. They usually need help selling their home, they don't know many realtors their age, and I have had good success mailing to them. Just a thought for you.

Stuart

No need to apologize .. What you said is why I started this discussion!

I agree I think my letter is the same message that expired sellers will get from 3-4 other agents, which is why I'm looking for input on something creative that has worked for other agents

@Chris Purcell :

My value proposition is as follows: Marketing Matters, we have a proven system that gets sellers' an extra $10,000-$15,000( Our Median Sales price is $338,500 for reference) per listing and we can prove it. If you're interested in learning more call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx. 

The caveat is, we actually have a proven marketing strategy that works as stated and we have the track record to show it. I hope this helps

Originally posted by @Stuart Birdsong:
@Chris Purcell:

My value proposition is as follows: Marketing Matters, we have a proven system that gets sellers' an extra $10,000-$15,000( Our Median Sales price is $338,500 for reference) per listing and we can prove it. If you're interested in learning more call us at xxx-xxx-xxxx. 

The caveat is, we actually have a proven marketing strategy that works as stated and we have the track record to show it. I hope this helps

You get sellers $10k-$15k over what it's worth?  Where do I sign up?

@Chris Purcell

Chris,

I realize that that comes off as pretentious and maybe boastful. I do not mean to make it seem that way. In many ways it is the product of how competitive our market is. I share it with you as It is something that we have had success with from a marketing perspective and more importantly, I imagine you think I am just another cocky agent, but I feel we have a very successful marketing strategy that has had positive results. I like to leverage that to help grow our business. I was serious about the Over 70 Mailer though. I have had great returns on that one demographic, and I feel pretty confident that few if any target that market. Best of luck to you!

Stuart