Starting out

2 Replies

I am looking for some advice on getting started. I currently have a full-time job and I'm working as a real estate agent on the side. My biggest hurdle right now is finding the time to do a flip. I currently have a partner that is willing to put up the money it's just a matter of finding a good property to get started with. Any advice for someone trying to make a flip work while still holding down a full-time job? Any help is appreciated

A friend of mine did several flips while working full time. He also started a real estate group.  It can certainly be done.  Keep reading here and you'll find lots of tips to help you get started. 

@Dave Grimson

Glad no one has written anything like "Sleep is overrated". Ha ha.

But really, there is A LOT you can do getting started in this industry with only putting in  a few hours each weekend. Sure you might be started small and building up but that is the best and safest way I think. Took me a while to "quit my day job" but now I can and travel and work from anywhere! (I just might be in Thailand right now...)

Good luck to you!

Jill

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.