Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
John Lindemann
  • Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Votes |
I have no free time! (and its exactly what I want!)

John Lindemann
  • Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Posted Oct 12 2015, 19:19

I was reading chapter 7 of Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and he was discussing about the lack of balance in new investor's lives.  I'm definitely living the lack of balance.  I feel like I'm constantly running from one thing to the next and having to work very hard to keep all the plates spinning.  Most of the time I feel energized and encouraged because I'm working hard and I'm succeeding.  Occasionally I get worn down and need a break.  I have learned to take that break because when I take a moment to set all the spinning plates down then I don't break them and I rebuild my energy to pick them all up again and spin them like crazy!

My wife is also very successful in her career and we have had a lot of conversations recently about balance.  I've encouraged her in that we are in the time of our lives where we can work hard for a short time and reap benefits for the rest of our lives.  Kiyosaki's words tonight echoed my feelings and helped me to put words to my thoughts.  BUT...it's not easy, sometimes it plainly sucks.

I wanted to encourage those who may be feeling like we do.  You'll get through it.  This is your time.  You have arrived.  Push hard, be successful.

Winners play to win, they don't play to no lose.  Set your sights high, achieve what others can't even dream of.

I made the diagram below to represent my story so far.  I would bet many people's looks very similar.  I love working hard but I'm working hard so that my future will allow for more free time with my family!  When it's time to work, work hard.  When you have downtime be sure to savor the moment.  Like Dave Ramsey says "Live like no one else, so you can live like no one else!"

I'm currently looking for properties in Tulsa, Coweta, and Broken Arrow.  Oklahoma City is my "next frontier"!

Loading replies...