• Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
Craigslist - 1st time contact - Leary now about meeting

Daria B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Nov 30 2015, 05:14
I decided to try craigslist for finding property and selling furniture. While it's relatively safer to take someone with me to look at property, it's not that case with furniture at my own property. Although I don't live alone and would have someone with me, it's still my home and not a neutral area. I got a response for the furniture but the persons message didn't include their name. I am a skeptic at heart when it comes to certain things. There was only a email and they asked for my phone number rather than supply their own. If it were me I would have put my name in the response. The email was delivered early this morning that doesn't coincide with the message timeframe - thanksgiving has long since passed so it may be a late delivery on Craigslist part. I received the email via craigslist and while the message was specific to their available time - I now have to decide if I want to give my address for viewing of the furniture. Craigslist posts safety links as suggestions for transacting business. Far and away is it feasible for me to transport this furniture, which is why it's been in my garage and trying to sell it. Anyone have suggestions on this quandary of mine? I am always a careful person but this is new ground for me. I'm now feeling that if I respond it opens me up to having someone I of course don't know come to my home. The furniture is in the garage and not the house. This is the email in response to my post to sell the furniture: We are leaving today for Thanksgiving amd we wouldn't be back till Sunday evening.So next week Monday will be best time for me to come for viewing. I get off work at 4:30 and am usually home by 5:30. Im avaliable all day next week Mon-Fri. Sunday Night works as well when i come back. Please give me a phone number at so I can call you. Thanks ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loading replies...