Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Any others in expensive markets pooling cash for downturn oppor.

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Dec 1 2015, 17:12

I was able to pick up properties for Midwest prices with high cash flows AND huge equity plays in the greater Seattle area (King and Pierce Counties). Of course now there are few deals that cash flow well anymore, on the count of interest rates and prices.

I've been considering cash flow only properties in the Midwest lately, but seems like not a good fit for me. Plus I like the total returns I've gained in my local market. HUGE appreciation AND cash flow like crazy. The beauty of it is the work that is now due on one of my rentals will be paid for entirely out of the budget I set aside from the rent payments they pay me to pay for it. Exterior paint, doors, gutters, roof, etc.

But since it is getting super hard to find SFH's in this area that I can do this again with, and I anticipate a market down turn in a couple years, not like the last one but better than nothing, I am wondering if holding a cash position of 50-60% is not a bad idea, so I have capital to work with once opportunities are there. That's largely what I did last time, and when I found a deal, I bought. Repeat 2 years later. Repeat 2 years later and now I have three houses and another under contract (with a sweet location/setup) and am wondering if anyone else is just stacking cash waiting for a buying opportunity.

Loading replies...