• Investor
  • Menifee, CA
Votes |
Sole trustee receiving funds

Mike Flora
  • Investor
  • Menifee, CA
Posted Feb 4 2016, 16:41

Can a sole trustee of a trust receive a check in their name and not in the name of the trust??? I believe title has it wrong right now with my seller and how they are going to distribute funds to her. Prelim had her as successor, which is not correct, and we provided paperwork of other successor death and notarized affidavit stating my seller as sole trustee. My seller problem is the trust was not recorded way back when and she does not have a copy of the trust and since title had her as successor they stated funds would have to be made out to the trust. Problem again is all trust accounts were closed at all banks as well and no paper trail or copy of trust found. Therefore, no copy of trust means she cannot open a trust account in the name of the trust to have access to funds and no copy of original trust is an obvious problem as well. BUT hopefully the notarized paperwork showing my seller as sole trustee and death certificate of other successor will clear this up for her and a check or deposit into an account of her choosing????? Waiting on title to get back to us since they had prelim as my seller being a successor and not trustee, but though while waiting I could get some input from you guys. 

Loading replies...