Brett Woodall
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Presidential Election Considerations?

Brett Woodall
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Feb 7 2016, 10:47

Dear Smart People,

As I embark upon my REI journey, it occurs to me that there is an impending presidential election this year that may or may not effect the outlook on the real estate market. I'm just starting out, so I'm still learning the basics, but I thought it might be an interesting and informative discussion to pose the following questions. Historically, how does the real estate market typically react during an election year, or shortly thereafter? Are there policies of the various candidates (and/or parties) that may pose more of a threat than others to REI in general, i.e. immigration/amnesty/deportation, minimum wage increases, etc? How might your strategy change depending on the results of said election?

While I realize I'm tiptoeing on the precipice of paralysis by analysis (I once spent a month researching my coffeemaker), it seems like a pertinent discussion to have before I finalize my decision on which niche and strategy I'm going to pursue first. If the election is going to potentially effect the market for the next 4-8 years, I'd like to be armed with that information as I move forward in order to mitigate my risk. Please refrain from political views, I'd really like to keep the discussion cordial and strictly financial/REI related. Thanks in advance for any insights!

Thanks,

Brett

Loading replies...