• Flipper
  • Fremont, NE
Votes |
Help with Deal Analysis!!!!!

Andre Smith
  • Flipper
  • Fremont, NE
Posted Feb 12 2016, 14:30

I am looking to add 2 properties to my infant portfolio. I have seen about 13 properties that I "think" are good deals. I've narrowed in on 6 of them. I'll give a brief summary of each pair. Keep in mind I will be buying cash.

The first 2 properties are located in a news development. Continued steady growth. A little slower than another area I am looking. Both are 3 bed 2 bath single family split level homes, 2 car garage. Both are built after 2004 so fairly new yet. Ones a HUD home that has a moderate drive way issue. The other is around the corner and is a great house. Listed from 120K to 130K. Comps support listings up to 135K. Taxes are about $3000.

The next 2 properties are both walk up town homes. 2 bed 2 bath, 2 car garage. just under 1110 sqft. Both built between 2007-2009. really clean and well taken care of. These are located in a hot area, top schools, booming growth all around this area. I mean its a hot area. HOA fees are a little strange. one is $105 and the other is $170 a month. Both are listed under $111K. taxes are around $2300

The final option are a little unique. Properties are owned by an aging investor looking to move a dozen properties in and around my area. All are currently rented and some have long term leases. 2-3 years. All rents are a little low but still bring $1100-$1200 a month. all  are Similar priced homes. Ranging from 125K to 150K. Oldest home is 1963. These are mostly in well established areas that more of a rental area with less owner occupants as the first 2 deals. Newest home is 2009. all are 3 bed 2 bath, 2 car garage split levels.

I am immediately drawn to the town homes in the hot area that is growing fast. HOA fees and the potential for those to rise are a little concerning. only being 2 bedrooms are a small negative. I like the low price tags, Under 111K with rents in the range of $1000-$1150. Am I missing some big thing that makes town homes a bad deal?? Or are the single family homes the way to go,and if so should i look to take over the properties that are already rented out or start my own process from vacant? Or is there something completely different I should be looking to do with a couple hundred K??? Any and all advice is welcomed, I'm thicker skinned. Thank you in advance for your input!!!!

Loading replies...