Craig Kleffman
  • Reseda, CA
Votes |
Wholesale Deal - Abandoned SFR - Los Angeles - SFV - Reseda

Craig Kleffman
  • Reseda, CA
Posted Feb 13 2016, 15:20

Hi, 

I have located a clearly abandoned home (boarded up, with graffiti regularly outside of it).  I've never had the pleasure of tracking down the owner of that home.  I'd love to partner with someone who has that skill--ideally, here in Los Angeles, but if you think you can do it from afar, that'd be great too.  Without giving you the precise address, the house is in Los Angeles, in the San Fernando Valley, in the area of Reseda.  

Now, I am familiar with the concept of converting an abandoned home into a flipped wholesale property.  But, the truth is I've never done it before.  I'd much rather partner up with someone who has (and someone who can show me the way) rather than fumble my own way through it.  And, I'd happily trade your knowhow for 1/2 of the deal (1/2 of something is always better than nothing).  

I am familiar with the broad concepts, so if our partnership consists of you telling me to 'ook up the tax records.  Do a skip-trace.  Hire a private investigator' -- well, that won't be so valuable.  What would be valuable is something like "go to the tax record clerk for the county in Sylmar; Speak with Sandy if you can as she is the most helpful.  Ask her for the record for this lot number.  Ask her about the follow up address and whether they are getting those records returned, etc. etc. etc.  That's what would be helpful.  

In other words, I want someone who has:  a) done it before; b) can guide me in the details of it all; c) can provide me/us with the correct order in which to proceed.  

I can provide multiple photos, too.  (In fact, I'll try to add it to the post later).  Finally, if this is viable I could see us driving around looking for abandoned properties in a driving-for-dollars scenario too, particularly if I can find the right partner.  

--Craig.

Loading replies...